Dynasty Podcasts Presents: #DYNASTYX - The Digital Box Set
On August 30th, 2005, Dynasty Podcasts launched as the first ever and longest-running music podcast in the City of Chicago’s history. And on August 30th, 2015, Dynasty Podcasts took over a penthouse at the Public Hotel for a ten hour live broadcast to celebrate the ten year anniversary of the podcast. That collection of interviews is now live in the player above, with the tracklist for the ten hour broadcast broken down below.
- Fake Shore Drive: Andrew Barber on Limp Bizkit and longevity.
- Martin Atkins: On adaptation and continually learning while simultaneously teaching.
- Greg Corner: On Chicago’s musical community and legacy, and JBTV and Kill Hannah.
- Show You Suck: On progressing after the milestone of performing at Riot Fest.
- Kinky Love: Xoe Wise, Dan Zima, and Alan Shinkunas on writing new music, and the separation between Zoe’s solo career and Kinky Love band work.
- Rebecca Brunner W/ Quinn Cochran: Rebecca Brunner delves into the development of her burgeoning music career.
- Justin Sinkovich: On bringing his creative career work as a musician and curator into his educational work as faculty at Columbia College Chicago.
- Downwrite: Mark Rose and Bob Nanna shed light on the goals of their Downwrite company, with DW artist Shane Henderson speaking on the company's artist experience. All three talents perform an acoustic composition.
- Closed Sessions: Alexander Fruchter, Mike Kolar, Kweku Collins, and BoatHouse speak about the Chicago hip hop label from the entrepreneur and artist perspectives.
- Sean CK: On his creative work at the Apple Store with Chicago's music community.
- Ganser: Alicia Gaines and Nadia Garofalo on new music and their DIY build out.
- GlitterGuts: Eric Strom on bringing GlitterGuts Photobooth to life and building it into a business.
- Eric Sheinkop: On the development of Music Dealers and the power of music in marketing and Chicago's developing tech community.
- The Atlas Moth: Stavros Giannopoulos on adjusting to civilian life after an epic run of dates on the road.
- Hemmingbirds: Frontman Yoo Soo Kim on the creative process behind the band's Half A Second EP. Kim also delivers a surprise acoustic cover.
- Vamos: Josh Lambert and Ryan Murphy reflect on a busy year in the wake of their Spiderbait full length.
- Dani Deahl: On building out her own tour and the DIY development of her career.
- 1833: Zack Eastman and Zach Sweezyy on the evolution and focus of 1833 as a brand and East Room as a venue.
- Professor Fox: Zak Fox Jablow reflects on the Chicago artists he's worked with and his goals for continuing to connect with the city's music community.
- PHNM: The hard partying DJ shares tales of his Vegas escapades and expresses his love for the Chicago nightlife community.
- Archie Powell & The Exports: Archie Powell and RJ Export check in during a writing period for the band as they look ahead to new music.
- Mike Golden: The singer-songwriter delves into the continued evolution of his musical style, as he continues work on new material.
- Mikul Wing: The Autograf artist and Future Factory founder reflects on his DIY beginnings, and reveals how they motivate him to this day.
- My Gold Mask: Gretta Rochelle and Jack Armondo speak on the work in progress of their Anxious Utopia album.
- Celine Neon: Emily Nejad and Maggie Kubley talk recording in LA and perform a few acoustics tracks with their guitarist, John Gray.
- Rapper Chicks: Psalm One, Angel Davenport, and Fluffy speak about working on new music, and Psalm One sheds light on how she manages multiple creative endeavors.
- CHIRP Radio: Jenny Lizak and Shawn Campbell reveal the incredible process that went into bringing CHIRP to FM Radio, with Lizak remembering providing Dynasty host Jaime Black with his first ever internship at WLUW all the way back in 1998.
- Chris Payne + Local H: It's a Local 101 reunion when former Q101 DJ Chris Payne co-hosts an interview with Scott Lucas and Ryan Harding of Local H. The group remembers their Q101 studios visits, while Payne recalls bringing Jaime Black on as an intern at Q101 shortly after his WLUW internship. The act also provides the broadcast with a handful of acoustic performances.
- Rita + Bruce de'Medici: Jaime Black's parents visit the broadcast to speak on supporting his earliest internship endeavors in radio, and how that lead to his work in podcasting today.
- The All-New Dynasty: The Dynasty Podcasts summer 2015 producer class speak about working on the podcast, the the behind the scenes work that went into producing and activating a ten hour live broadcast. Featuring Audrey Sutherland, Ingrid Lejins, Prov Krivoshey, Marcus Carter, and Mary Stavropoulos.